HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Sunday, June 10, 2012

New Outdoor Loggia Curtains

Hope everyone had a great weekend.  I’ve been all about outdoor decorating lately.  I guess because we are spending so much time outside my focus has been out there.  It was a beautiful weekend here and hubby and I spent Saturday morning hanging the new Sunbrella drapes from Ballard Designs.   I love them!

This is the view from the door leading out to the loggia.

IMG_9280

We have a problem with the evening sun coming in strong under the loggia and I’ve been wanting to try these curtains for awhile.  They add a soft quality to all the hardscape and I am so far thrilled with them.  

I’m able to loosely tie them to the columns when not in use or let them down when we need them to block the sun.  So simple and yet so effective.

IMG_9244

So far I ordered 5 panels to try on the ends. I love them so much I’m going to order 3 more and put them in the center around the middle column, too.  I think Ballard Designs still has a sale going on.  I hope so!!!

IMG_9245

They were easy to hang.  The outdoor rods are really just like standard rods with brackets.  The curtains themselves have grommets and the fabric is a nice middle weight.
It feels like more of a room with the curtains.

IMG_9247

You should have seen me trying to steam these bad boys (they were so wrinkled from their packaging!).  I brought out my large indoor steamer and went to work.  They were so tall that I even stood on a step ladder and put the steamer in a chair so the hose would reach.  It was too funny.

IMG_9249

 I really need some kind of outdoor artwork on the wall over the sofa to break up all the brick.  I’m looking at Horchow and Grandin Road.  I’ll keep you posted on what I decide.  I don’t want any more ironwork.  I’m thinking more of an outdoor canvas painting that adds a pop of color.  I really like the lime green pillows and pool lounge chair cushions.

IMG_9251

This is the wall where I had my French lavabo hanging and we just removed it.  Not sure where I’m going to use it now, but I know I’ll find a spot.

IMG_9253

In case you’re wondering, that’s a decorative tile insert on the floor. 

IMG_9254


IMG_9256


IMG_9258


IMG_9261


IMG_9263


IMG_9264


IMG_9265

Yep, I definitely need to add more panels to the center column.  

IMG_9268


IMG_9270

Did I mention I love them?  They’re definitely keepers.  My hubby will be glad he doesn’t have to take them down and send them back!!!

IMG_9289


IMG_9291

Guess who was laying in the sun?
I’m headed to the Haven Conference next week!  I can’t wait!!!

Blessings,
Kim

Linking up to these great parties.  Please check them out:
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
Cowgirl Up! at Cedar Hill Ranch
Tuesday’s Treasures at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
WOW! Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here

13 comments:

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Your home is exquisite, and I love the drapes! They are the perfect finishing touch. I always love outdoor drapes, they reallly do make a space seem like a room. XO, Pinky

Olive said...

The Ballard curtains are splendid in that space. They soften the look and help block your sun. I was looking at the black and white striped ones for our deck space as I want to hide our hot tub.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I love the look of the outdoor drapes you added! Your grounds are stunning!!

Maureen Wyatt said...

The drapes absolutely turn that into a room! What a beautiful spot to sit and look at the water! ~ Maureen

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Beautiful, Kim! I love the view you have from your loggia, too. The drapes look great! Such a nice soft look and if they block the sun, too, that is perfect. I'm sure you'll find something interesting to put on the walls. You've got some great wall space to decorate here.

Janette - The2Seasons said...

Love the curtain addition. The tille rug is outstanding.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Love your drapes, Kim! They are perfect! We added sheers outside, as well. I wanted more of that "Southern" feel. They really do add a lot to outdoor spaces! LOVE yours!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Kim, please promise me that you will join my Paris link party next year????? Your header is stunning, your home is a dream. You have a fabulous blog and I can tell you are a kindred spirit. THANK YOU for visiting and being such a sweet commentor!!! YOU LOGGIA is what I am having built starting next week! AND I have often thought of putting up drapes such as these as well! But we are probably going for screens, but I just might opt for just the curtains...oh how beautiful is your nest!!!!

BLESSINGS! Anita

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Kim,

The drapes are so perfect in your Loggia. Your yard is amazing. The last photo is great!!!

Dee

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Love to vacation in you back yard. The drapes are perfect.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Kim, the drapes are perfect for your beautiful loggia. What a wonderful outdoor space.

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

I just love your outdoor space and the curtains are beautiful! Thanks for linking up.
XO
Kristin

0s0-Pa said...

Those sure look like some comfy pool lounge chairs! Im jealous, although I get to go to the beach next week so I don't feel that bad :)
-Jackie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...