HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Little After Christmas On-Line Shopping Temptation (And Find Out What I’m Picking Up For Next Year)

I did not hit the stores or malls yesterday.  Instead I headed to the computer to see what I could “snag” on sale.  I’m feeling pretty good about what I managed to get.

I’m sure you’ve seen the awesome wool tufted wreath that Anthropologie had and noticed it being copied a lot in blogland this year.  I’d been keeping my eye on it.

115404809172954506_arm7zdUq_c

I must admit I fell in love with it when I saw it on Maria’s Dreamy Whites blog with her grain sack ribbon.   But it was quite pricey at $128.  Well, of course it was sold out on-line by early yesterday morning so I called customer service and the nice rep gave me a couple phone numbers of stores that were still showing them in inventory.  I called NY and Cincinnati and got the last one each of them had.  So I ended up with two.  Why?  Because of the price.  They were 1/2 price PLUS an additional 30% off.  That’s right.  I got them for $44.80 each and free shipping!

I also ordered more of the blown glass sheep ornament.  I had picked up one at full price of $18  when I was in Atlanta last month and they were on sale too at half off plus 30%.  Can’t beat that.  This sheep is sooo charming and reminds me of Country French.  Sorry but it’s sold out on-line as well.

115404809172954513_DU5SGUq1_c

From Pottery Barn I got the Eiffel Tower tree topper.  I had seen it in person at the PB store and was waiting for it to go on sale.  I already have a German glass glitter Eiffel topper that I used on my tree but I think this one will make a great themed centerpiece as it is a nice large size.   It is still available HERE.  I missed out on the wired burlap ribbon with red stipe and the candles that I wanted.

img24o

Did any of you see the barrel planter tree stand from Ballard Designs?  I was lucky enough to get the white one.  I noticed they are all sold out today.

T_WithoutZoom

And I LOVE these He Is Born booklets from Wisteria.   I already had a couple sets that I put at each place setting for Christmas dinner, but at 75% off I couldn’t resist buying more.  I’m going to use them as gift tags next year.  They are regularly $19 for 4 but now are $4.75 for the set.  You can still get them HERE.

115404809172954525_meVPawTO_c

Oh, and finally, remember the post I did about my toile pajamas?  Well, Gump’s still has them HERE for 1/2 off and you can choose red or black.  I may have to pick up another set for a gift.  They are too cool.

115404809172954536_EXiwiLBM_c

What about you?  What are you picking up on-sale for next year’s décor or gifts?

Blessings,

Kim

Joining:

Open House Party at No Minimalist Here

Tutorials, Tips, And Tidbits at Stone Gable

10 comments:

Olive said...

Toile pjs are yummy. You found some lovely items on sale. I bought several books today that I wanted.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Kim, you really scored some great deals. I have yet to buy anything. Very unusual for me...lol!! Love your goods, though!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

I hate to shop, actually really really really hate to shop - but I DID hit up HomeGoods today after we watched the movie Anna Karenina. (Great film costumes, wow!)

So I did get some nice pricing, but frankly it was pretty picked over. Yesterday's snow storm kept me in - but my die-hard daughters hit up the mall, like true warriors of fashion lol.

Love your awesome catches, and the price was definately better for sure!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Kim, I also avoided the stores and purchased some sale items from Wisteria. Looks like you got some great buys and I especially love the tree topper. Thanks for joining the Open House party this week and Happy New Year. xx, Sherry

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I love to do after Christmas shopping! There was a home decor store my mom and I would always hit the day after Christmas but they closed last year:(
Love those pjs!!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Wow, great finds!!! My house guests just left tonight so I didn't get a chance to do ANY shopping. XO, pinky

Maureen Wyatt said...

Shopping was a no no for me this year. I'm forcing myself to clear things out and absolutely nothing can come into the house until a whole lot is gone! Nice buys you got, though.

Our Hopeful Home said...

I shopped local Anthro today and got 30% off clearance! Hubbby was surprised to find that he had already bought my February birthday gifts! :) No wreaths, but I got a gorgeous white pottery pitcher and a sumptious cozy scarf. Oh, and I have pink toile PJ's, love them!

A room with a view said...

I way behind on any after-Christmas shopping. I had no plan to do any but think I should try to snag some deals if possible. I will be lucky to find anything at this point. Great finds, Kim - I love the Eiffel Tower tree topper - quite a statement piece!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Wow...I would say you scored big time!...Love all of your purchases....Did not do much shopping after Christmas...just a few 50 to 75% off Chrismas decor items...Glad you got your wreaths!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...