HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Change In The Dining Room

Hello everyone!  Hope your day is going well.  I made a little change in the dining room. 


IMG_1223


Actually it’s more of an addition.  I had a small corner barker’s rack that I purchased from Pierre Deux years ago before they went out of business and I moved it into the dining room.


IMG_1226


I think it adds a little dimension and texture to this side of the room and also gives me some display space for the things I love.


IMG_1227


I love the “Bon Appetit” ribbon that I got from Sur la Table and a mason jar holds my French bone handled knives.


IMG_1230


And I’m crazy for antique French enamel tags like this one I just received from Sunday Brocantes.  It says the dining room is on the second floor.  Did you know that in France the ground level floor is considered zero and what we consider the second floor is actually the first floor to the French?


IMG_1246


I was playing around with the small Bavarian yellow plates and I’m not sure I like them here or not so I removed them.


IMG_1244


I have a few silver French champagne buckets but this is the only white one I have.


IMG_1238


I think I’ll have fun playing with this small baker’s rack and changing it around.


IMG_1210

I’m counting down the days until I leave for France!  I also just updated my Home Tour tab under my header so if you get a chance take a look.

Blessings,
Kim

7 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I like the new addition and the pretty displays!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

This makes for a nice addition to your dining room, Kim! Love your accessories!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

LOL um, I found out about the floors to the French when I spent a month in the mid 90s travelling all over France.

My father and I had just arrived - day one- in Paris and were so tired and hungry, all we wanted was to freshen up, go get a bite and rest up for the adventure(s) of a lifetime....we were giddy with excitement and anticipation and exhaustion.....and we hit first floor and ended up in the basement and laughed and laughed and laughed, oh my gosh. We went back up and were still laughing...the staff didn't enjoy our howls of laughter, but we sure did.

I swear all these years later and it still brings tears to my eyes.I lost my Pop (who happened to also be a dear friend,) in Feb 2000.

When I recall stories like that I miss him so much it hurts my heart. Sniff.

Love your corner unit, just what that empty space needed.

Susan said...

Beautiful addition Kim!

Cynthia said...

I love this addition and all your treasures. It is a very nice touch.

Cynthia

Little Miss Maggie said...

That's a great rack and I love your accessories. That enamel sign is fantastic.

Cat @ Sunday Brocantes, France said...

I don't know how I missed this post! Your 'salle a manger' is pretty and so tranquil--I love your horn-handled knives and everything you have displayed on your sweet shelf!

Can't wait to catch up with you soon!

xx Cat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...