HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Monday, April 8, 2013

Paris Flea Market Style

Time for another book review.  Claudia Strasser’s new book “Paris Flea Market Style” gets a two thumbs-up from me.

  It was published in early March and I was so excited when my copy arrived.  Claudia takes us on a virtual journey through the flea markets of Paris offering advice and tips along the way.  It’s a much needed guide to help navigate the mind-boggling array of shopping possibilities.  To say the photos are eye candy is an extreme understatement.

IMG_1091

Through her photographs, she whisks us away to the City of Lights where the most fabulous antiques in the world can be found.  Isn’t the hue of the blue fabric on the bergères divine?

IMG_1092

So many layers of treasures to be had everywhere!  Half the fun is the exploration.  It could become a game of “I Spy”!

IMG_1093

A daybed is definitely on my shopping list for my next trip to France.

IMG_1094

If you have a chair fetish like moi, then shopping in France is a must!

IMG_1095

 

IMG_1096

Shall I look twice at these treasures?  Will they come home with me?

IMG_1097

Ahhh, a magnificent zinc oeil-de-boeuf (bull’s eye) window frame …..be still my heart!  All it needs is a mirror for a grand statement.

IMG_1098

I noticed a few of her photos contained vintage letters.  See my recent post HERE.

IMG_1099

All photos above are property of Claudia Strasser.

The photos below were taken by me as I made my way through the Paris Fleas.

IMG_0598

Yes, I know.  Take a deep breath.

IMG_0570

 

IMG_0586

 

IMG_0588

 

The opening inside flap of the book reads, “If you love French interior design and bargain hunting, Paris is the place where your shopping daydreams come true.”  So true, Claudia. So true.

Will your daydreams come true like mine did?  Come with me to Paris and Normandy this September for a Blogger’s Brocanting Tour in France.  Only ONE spot left!

clip_image001

Click HERE for the brochure.

In the meantime, don’t hesitate to buy the book “Paris Flea Market Style” and curl up with a cup of tea and your daydreams.

Blessings,

Kim

12 comments:

Swanky Salvage Decor said...

I purchased this book a couple of weeks ago from my book club and it is dreamy! So full of great pictures. It made me want to hop on the next flight to Paris and make a beeline for the Flea Markets.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I can't wait and I need to get this book.

Lorraine said...

Those pics bring back the best memory! The day I went to Cligancourt was one of the happiest days I spent in Paris!

NanaDiana said...

Oh- What a great book! Just full of beautiful French things. Hope you are having a good day- xo Diana

Cat @ Sunday Brocantes, France said...

Looks like a wonderful book! Thanks for sharing! So excited for September! xx

Cat

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Nice review, Kim -- guess I'll be perusing the pages and living vicariously through all of you come September!
Heidi :)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Oh my...is this what I am going to experience??? So excited!!!

Sylvia said...

This book is really intriguing! Thank you for the recommendation and thank you for your nice words on my blog! Your corner here on blogosphere is inspiring!

Roberta said...

The perky striped awnings at the brocante made me smile! Wish I were tagging along on your next trip:) Thanks for the book review.

Ivy and Elephants said...

Hi Kim,
We're doing a giveaway over at Ivy and Elephants with this fabulous book and have linked it to your blog review. You did such an incredible job! Hope this is okay with you, and that you stop by and enter, too!
Hugs,
Patti

chateau chic said...

Looks like a fabulous book with so much eye candy! I'm drooling here!!!
Mary Alice

Alison Minaglia, TechnologyPR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...