HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Thursday, September 19, 2013

French Style Living

As you read this, I’m in France bolloxing around Paris in search of great French décor treasures on our first Blogger’s Brocanting Tour: From Paris To Normandy.

I prepared this before I left and would like for you to get a dose of French inspiration today.
My Sept./Oct. issue of Veranda arrived and to my delight it was devoted to French style.  This short video by Veranda editor-in-chief is a must see for lovers of all things French as she talks about France’s devotion to quality.


A must-read is Veranda’s tastemaker article on Hubert Givenchy and his impact on design.  It states “ the designer’s interiors are every bit as extraordinary as his couture.”  I must agree.

Givenchy’s salon at La Jonchet manor, 1988.



Below is Givenchy’s bedroom at Le Clos, a house he owned in the South of France c. 1998.



After that you must look at their “Favorite French Finds” HERE. where you’ll see beautiful items for the home like this cupboard below.


BTW…on Veranda’s home page “French Country” comes in at #2 on the most searched for!  I say French Country décor is still alive and well.


Here’s another great find.  I ran across this Eiffel dinnerware at Gump’s. You can get it HERE.

Into The Wild/ For a sophisticated take on safari style, mix tasteful animal print textiles with sculptural decor. Shop Now


And also these cute Eiffel salt and pepper shakers HERE.

Zebra Rug


And finally I’ll leave you with this sentiment…another item from Gump’s you can get HERE.

IMG_7427

Au Revoir Friends,
Kim

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I've been thinking about you and the others as you enjoy the pleasures of Normandy and Paris. Thanks for sharing this excellent review of the latest Veranda. I will pick up a copy asap. Yes, fortunately French Country is alive and well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...