HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Friday, April 18, 2014

Happy Easter: Vignettes & Tidbits

I hope everyone is having a marvelous Good Friday today!  It’s going to be a beautiful sunny weekend here with temperatures in the high 70s…perfect weather for all the Easter egg hunting that will be going on!

IMG_5011

Here are a couple vignettes I put together for this weekend’s celebration.  I picked up a pot of tulips at my grocery store and covered the base with a burlap sack.

IMG_5009

I used one of my milk glass compotes to hold a scrumptious chocolate bunny and added one of my “He Is Risen” booklets to the scene.

IMG_4986

It makes a simple but strong statement on the dining table.  I like combining the real reason we celebrate Easter along with a fun tradition that children enjoy.

IMG_4985

Some of my other favorite spring motifs are birds, nests, and eggs.  A carton of eggs on the table? 

IMG_4992

Look closer…

IMG_4993

They’re birdseed covered “eggs” from Gardener’s Supply Co. I love to feed our feathered friends.  I can hear so many of them outside now that spring is here.

IMG_4995

Some of my favorite French plates are these “Aviary” pattern ones by Gien.

IMG_4997

Hopefully I can find some more bird plates in France.

IMG_5000

We are  having Easter dinner at my mom’s this year, so I didn’t go all out on Easter décor but I am happy with just a couple important reminders of the holiday.

IMG_4989

I’m putting a basket together for my college-age daughter and hopefully will get to share a quick post on Sunday so you can see what I found!  If you missed it click HERE to see some other Easter basket inspiration.

Happy Easter,
Kim

Linking up to:

2 comments:

Deserae said...

Pretty vignettes.....love those birdseed eggs!!! Happy Easter!!
~Des

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love those birdseed eggs!
Happy Easter to you and your family!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...