HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Monday, May 5, 2014

I’m Headed Back To France–Please Follow Me There!

Tomorrow I leave for France and I can hardly contain my excitement!  I’ll be meeting  friends and making new ones.  You can follow along with  me on Instagram HERE.


IMG_1372


 We’ll be arriving in Nice for the first part of our trip and having dinner one evening with Tracey (from French Larkspur) and her husband.   Then it’s on to Provence for a few days to meet up with Cat (from Sunday Brocantes) and her husband.

My husband and I are actually traveling with my cousin and her husband.  Here is a photo of she and I last year in Provence.


IMG_2169


I can’t wait to hit the markets and go antiquing.  I ran into this dealer in both Avignon and St. Remy and bought some really great stuff from her.  I hope I’m as lucky this year.


5qoVqKEXrjt4ernH80ytqe7USBULeflU-6kX63X-oUw


This view of Gordes makes my heart flutter.


IMG_1489


Fontaine de Vaucluse is spectacular.


IMG_1435


The colors of Roussillon are amazing.


IMG_1547


Chic St. Remy


IMG_1898


I’m going to stock up on lavender-scented soaps from the markets.


IMG_1908


Provençal fabrics are always so bright and cheerful.


IMG_5476


Be still my heart.  Imagine seeing this as you turn a corner in an obscure village!


IMG_5446

I’ve already watched “A Year In Provence” and “A Good Year’ so my mind is already geared up for the French countryside.  These are two of my favorite movies.

Finally it’s on to Paris for a few nights before heading home.  This is the first time we’ll be staying on the Left Bank and I’m very excited.  Listening to live Gypsy Jazz is always in order.


IMG_4250


IMG_0958


Ever heard of Django-style music?


IMG_0957


The trip wouldn’t be complete without a picnic in one of Paris’s lovely gardens.


IMG_4171



IMG_2489

I won’t be posting on the blog until I return in a couple weeks but I will be posting daily on Instagram HERE.

Au Revoir mes amies,

5 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Can't wait to see the pics. Sounds like a fabulous trip.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

How fun, Kim! Enjoy!

Janette - The2Seasons said...

Bon voyage!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh, Kim...I am jealous! You are hitting all of my favorite little villages! I even saw Ridley Scott who directed "A Good Year" at La Renaissance in Gordes last time. I think he lives near by. Is l'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue's Sunday antique market on your list, too? Enjoy! I will be traveling along vicariously! Hugs...Debbie

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh joy of joys! have a wonderful trip! So lucky! Can't wait to see all your wonderful treasures you find, Kim~!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...